What we do (and don’t do!) with the information you provide us.
We may collect and process information about you in a number of ways:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when:
- you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- you provide feedback to us;
- you are our client or contacted us about potentially providing a service;
- you report problems with our site;
- you contact us;
- you visit our Websites: including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- you become a user of our Services, you will be asked to provide your bank and debit card details to allow payments to be made between us; and
- you give details regarding your repayment history and details of transactions you carry out with us.
Information we collect about you
With regards to each of your visits to our Websites we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information: including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL),] clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page, response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- we may collect certain information from you using cookies.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on the Websites. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We collect information about you from third party credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other information providers and we use this information to check the information that you provide to us. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Use of Your Data:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- as part of the fraud prevention checks that we undertake we always check the validity of the debit card that you use to register with us to ensure that it is active. To do this we seek authorisation to the card.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Websites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to assess payment risks and make engagement decisions;
- to search Credit Reference Agencies’ and Fraud Prevention Agencies’ records (including information from overseas);
- to identify and prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities;
- for the purposes of debt collection, including providing your data to third party debt collectors; for statistical analysis;
- record visitor information and activity when you visit our Websites, including mouse movement or clicks, scroll activity and keystrokes;
- to develop and improve our products and services that we provide;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing of the Websites and to carry out regulatory checks;
- for market research;
- to ensure that content from our Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; to notify you about changes to our service;
- for other purposes for which you give your permission; and
- in very limited circumstances as required by law or as permitted under the terms of the Act.
Information we receive from other sources.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Data security: Data Security and Where We Store Your Personal Data:
We do our best to protect the personal and bank data that you have shared with us including, but not limited to, in the following ways:
- we store data in encrypted form on secure servers and computers;
- we collect information regarding your repayment history and details of transactions you carry out with us;
- we control access via secure web pages and by limiting employee access according to their job role;
- we employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attacks; and
- we use our best endeavours and state of the art software and hardware solutions to provide industry standard security.
You are responsible for keeping any passwords that we have given you or you have chosen confidential and they should not be shared with anyone. Although we give the greatest priority to compliance with data protection and other privacy laws, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do all we can to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites: any transmission is at your own risk.
We hold your bank and card details securely at all times in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards which require that:
- we have secure physical and IT systems for holding your data;
- all the information that we send to your bank when making or receiving payments is encrypted;
- we use strong passwords for keeping your card details secure;
- we render card numbers unreadable anywhere they are stored; and
- our systems and the networks that we use are regularly tested to ensure that they remain secure.
You can read more about the standards that we comply with on the Payments Card Industry website at pcisecuritystandards.com
Important – Your Personal Information:
Credit decisions and also the prevention of fraud and money laundering.
We may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. A short guide to what we do and how both we and credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information is detailed in the section called: A guide to the use of your personal information.
If you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please visit our website at www.ambigramarchitects.com or ask one of our staff.
By confirming your agreement to proceed you are accepting that we may each use your information in this way.
Sensitive Personal Data:
The Act defines certain personal information as “sensitive”, (e.g. information in respect of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trades union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, criminal proceedings and the commission or alleged commission of offences).
If you supply us with or we collect any sensitive personal information we will only use it to provide the services that you specifically require.
We may share your sensitive personal information with other companies within the ambigram architects group and third party suppliers in connection with the provision to you of the services that you have requested, to keep our records up to date and for fraud prevention purposes.
Your Consent to us using your Personal Information:
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may pass your information (including personal information) to other members of the ambigram architects group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries) who provide administrative support and processing services. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Credit reference agencies may add details of any searches that we make about you and details of your application to their records about you. We may also add to your record with the credit reference agencies details of any agreement you enter into with us, the payments you make under it and any default or failure to keep to the terms of the agreement. All such details and records may be seen by and shared with other organisations that make searches with the relevant credit reference agencies and may be used and searched by us, and others in accordance with this policy;
- By submitting your personal information to us using this website, you confirm that all the information you have provided that relates to you is correct and that you have not used information about any other individual. If we suspect a possible fraud or false identity, we may pass information to fraud prevention agencies or the Police. Fraud prevention agency records may be shared with other organisations to help make decisions on your credit limit or other goods or services you may apply for and;
- We may disclose your personal information if we are under any legal duty to disclose or share your personal data or to enforce or apply the loan conditions that form part of the registration process in the event that you apply for a loan from the ambigram architects group, and/or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of the ambigram architects group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction, as noted above.
- By submitting your personal information to us using the Websites, you confirm that we may undertake a search with an authorised identity check company for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so the company may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. You confirm that searches may be performed, where necessary, for the lifetime of the agreement or until the agreement is terminated. You confirm that we may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
Links to Other Websites:
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and we will provide you with any information we have about you in accordance with the Act. If you would like us to provide this information please contact us by writing to the address below or emailing us at info(@)ambigramarchitects.com. We may make a charge of up to £10 for this service. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you, (before collecting your data), if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by e-mail at info(@)ambigramarchitects.com, or by writing to us at Studio 2.04, 60 Gray’s Inn Road, London. WC1X 8AQ United Kingdom
We may use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to identify and provide you with information about products and services, which may be of interest to you and we or they, may contact you about these. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or you can contact us at any time, (in any of the ways set out above), to tell us that you wish to opt out. We will tell you when you register to use our services about the way that you can opt out of receiving information about the products and services that we may provide from time to time.
When sending marketing material to you, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving further marketing. You can contact us at any time, (in any of the ways set out above) to tell us that you wish to opt out.